Sunday, June 13, 2010

Getting back on track

My daughter helped me and we caught the missing bunny. I had seen it in the yard one day but it ran through a hole under the fence back into the neighbor's yard, too fast for me. Then my daughter saw it in the yard again and went out to catch it. I followed and, knowing what to expect, blocked the hole in the fence. Took a bit of running and chasing but we finally caught it. It's back in the hutch, no injuries to anyone. It's not too happy about it but it's still alive. I'm happy it evaded cats, dogs, hawks and rodent poisons to return safely.

Had to treat the garden with ammonia again this week. Sometimes it makes things look slightly damaged for one day, then they all bounce back. Some of the corn is up to my hip and I have more stalks coming up, so there are at least 58 corn stalks at this time. Not sure all of those will make it but I still have more planted which isn't showing yet.

Temps have gone down and forecasted to be lower for at least the next week. Hoping they remain down but not counting on it. If they do stay down for a while, I can probably get some portion of the solarium built before fall. 

Little by little, having some success with the tomatoes. Some have taken a beating from the heat but the ones still potted are doing well. Getting them acclimated to the sun again, now that it's not a blast furnace.

Most of the peas have died back but I have green beans and cucumber plants to replace them, starting this evening. Spinach is either growing taller or going to seed, not sure which. I'll be happy either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment