Monday, October 27, 2014

Little more

Got most of the north side of the solarium closed up this evening. I still have one section and the door to go. Should be able to get those parts done tomorrow. I do still need to install some wood panels as joints between the panels, since I used different kinds of wood that don't meet perfectly.

Pretty sure I'll be done with the entire thing this week. Weather permitting, which seems to be the case. 

The closer it gets to completion, the more the dogs seem to be competing for maximizing their stench inside the solarium. Then they stay outside in the cold and rain. Dumb..as..rocks.

Sigh.. Not sure I have enough lumber. Have to prioritize and probably make a trip to Home Depot after dark one evening this week. Oh, well. I'll work on getting the north wall finished, then anchoring the top. If I run out of time this week, I can finish the bottom section next week using the portable work light. But it is only Monday, so see how fast I can get all this done. 

I started letting the chicken out of the coop today. Drove the dogs insane to see the chicken wandering around. But the chicken was doing an excellent job of eating grasshoppers and other bugs. Kinda wish I had a flock of them! Maybe next year I'll do exactly that, once the dogs are desensitized to chickens being present.

The ramp in front is hardened and I was able to dampen it to help keep it hardening more. Necessary with concrete. But doing so rinsed dust away from the building process, so I was able to see that it looks pretty nice! It will look better once I apply some sealant.   

No comments:

Post a Comment