Friday, July 3, 2015

Finally

Since I had today off, I woke up early and finally got to the dispensary while they had cannabis cuttings in stock. I was the first in line when they set the tray of cuttings out this morning. Got one pure Indica and one Indica dominant. 

I also tried starting a couple more seeds. The instructions they gave me with the cuttings stressed something which I had maybe not paid enough attention to. Cannabis seedlings need a lot of humidity. So, I microwaved the potting soil, then microwaved the planting containers. All to kill off any dormant white fly eggs. Then planted the seeds. Placed a ring of translucent plastic around the seeds and taped cheesecloth to the top. Then sprayed the cheesecloth with insecticide. (I did cheesecloth thing with the cuttings, also.) 

I've been sick all this week due to the worst allergies in decades. Mostly cottonwood. Feeling a bit better today because we've had some rain which washed some of the pollen away. Still pretty tired all day, though. Body had to recover. 

Tomorrow I plan on getting the grass trimmed and lay down more black plastic. I had removed one small section a few days ago to see if it had been in place long enough. Within two days I saw new grass sprouting. So, have to cover that spot and other areas. 

Tomatoes are still all green but some are getting really big now. Very happy with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment