Sunday, February 15, 2015

Getting ready 2015

Getting ready for spring 2015!

Right now is when the solarium is beginning to really come in handy. Ambient temperatures are still often dropping below freezing. However, I have things now growing in the solarium. Carrots, broccoli, spinach, lettuce and lots of cilantro are now growing in the solarium. I planted some garlic but so far only see one bulb sprouting. Cucumber seeds are questionable. Planted some but not seeing anything yet. It does have to remain warm for them to even sprout.

Inside the house, I have a number of tomato seeds started and an increasing number and variety over time. I'm going with a lower number of seeds started but in larger containers this year to prevent transplant shock later. Some I started weeks ago and they're gaining size. Others I started later which are just sprouting. A few more I just started tonight. 

Got a new pair of loppers yesterday. Need to start getting out this week and trimming trees. Plus use some nearly pure acid to spray the surface soil. Then start getting some gypsum and spreading that around. Taking the no till approach this year, try to kill off the seeds and existing weeds and grass this year before planting anything out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment