Sunday, March 29, 2015

Break time

Taking a break. Looks like the rest of the tree branches will have to wait. The chain on the chain saw is too dull. I have another one ordered but it hasn't arrived yet. Oh, well. It should be here this week. 

I did get a lot of it cut down to size. I have to wait for the smaller branches to lose their seed pods before I run them through the chipper. Otherwise it clogs like every other minute. 

I still need to cut the trunks down lower before it will do much good to apply herbicide in any form. I'm trying multiple things on different trees. Epsom Salt on one, glyphosate on another and a strong ammonia/acid mixture on another. 

Speaking of which, apparently the mixture I made yesterday was not strong enough. I do not see any visible burn where I sprayed. Guess I'll make another batch, stronger and apply it again today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment