Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pump and chipper

Got the pump a few days ago. Not a formal well pump but a utility pump. Supposed to pump as much and as high as the well pumps I saw at Harbor Freight but doesn't have a tank. Came with a plastic cone screen which fit the backcheck valve I had, so just had to get an adapter to connect to the hose. Get it set up to run tomorrow.

The wood chipper I ordered came today. Haven't tried it out yet but but got it put together. It appears sturdy and well made. Give it a try tomorrow or Fri.

That seems to complete the power tools I need for the yard and garden. Now have a tiller, well pump and wood chipper. Already had a lawn mower, chain saw and weed eater. Most anything else can be done manually. 

Still going to get some more gypsum and sulfur to get the soil ready for spring. Picked up a couple bags of standard fertilizer formulated for southwestern soil, so it contains iron, zinc and more sulfur. Fact is, I'm not sure how much sulfur I would have to add before it would be too much. I do know it's a lot more than I'm adding. 

Didn't get much sleep today and nothing done. Get to bed and get things done tomorrow but wiring does take precedence still. Hopefully not for much longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment