Saturday, May 26, 2012

More indoor planting

Since flooding the front yard, I've seen some improvement there. Though I applied iron sulfate a few days ago, still seeing signs of both iron and Nitrogen deficiency, so have to do something about that. 

Going to cultivate the front yard one more time and heavily apply acid to kills off remaining weeds where I can. Use weed killer and pull where the acid could damage other things. Long as I'm at that, go ahead and apply the batch of gypsum I have dissolved. Try and correct as much of the soil balance as I can before planting new grass seed again. And kill off as many weeds as possible. Going to cultivate as best I can behind the line of sunflowers and plant more, varied kinds behind the ones already growing. 

Got more indoor planting done last night and tonight. Dwarf Red Crape Myrtle, Princess Trees, Peppermint, Hummingbird Vine, Jasmine and Giant Mathiolas. Aside from esthetics, Trying to attract beneficial insects in large numbers. 

Brain is dead. Lost a lot of sleep this week, then smoke blew in from wildfires hundreds of miles to the south. Smoke gets carried up into the high atmosphere, then settles to the ground when it gets cooler because of the inversion. That sets off my bronchitis. Harder to think clearly when you aren't breathing effectively. Taking medication but it only helps to a point.

Getting to bed soon. Control what I can about the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment