Wednesday, March 13, 2013

No more frost!

The weather forecast changed and now there is no more frost forecast here! Yay!

Looks like broccoli is a bust again. Bummer. I still have some sprouting but the purple broccoli never grew large enough to even bother planting out. A few are still alive but tiny. The ones beginning to sprout now are green broccoli but it will probably get too hot for it to flower. Best bet is late summer planting. It would probably do okay in the mountains but not in the valley, where I live.

I have more pepper sprouts coming up. I can see why these peppers are so expensive, as long as they take just to germinate and form true leaves. I planted these in early to mid January and some seeds are just sprouting. Not sure what kind of germination rate I'll get out of these. 

Since it's not warm enough, I can begin starting seeds outside now, as well as inside. Have to erect those shelves. And do so in a place and manner the dogs can't destroy things. 

Still heavily soaking the main garden. Need to get the irrigation system set up plus flood some other areas some more a few times. 

I have a good feeling about the garden this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment