Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Displacement

Here is something which may seem odd. As I plant things in the garden, I am removing soil, grass and weeds and piling it up in the compost pile. Though I did just realize I need to place some black plastic over it, so the grass and weeds don't sprout. Over time, I will rotate contents into the compost tumbler, which reaches higher temperatures. The combination of composting and heat should deactivate the seeds. 

Got out and set up another sprinkler during lunch for the Cosmos and the Wisteria. Also set up a water line for the dog, so it will automatically fill his bowl, like I do each summer. I think it will be more successful this year because the younger dog is gone, who would chew up the water line, leaving it to drain on the ground and leave the dogs thirsty. This dog is smarter than that. I hope. 

Still no luck on the cannabis plants. they seriously attract white flies. I finally gave in and sprayed the hell out of them with poison. See if that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment