Friday, May 7, 2010

If that doesn't suck..

Figured if I wasn't working a second job, this job would give me more time to work in the garden. However, I've racked up over 60 hours from Mon through Fri this week and still have Sun to go on this week's pay period. The money will be welcome once the check comes but it's been quite a challenge working that much with a sinus infection and no cooling in the building.

The chickens got out of a space between the front and side of the coop which I figured was way too tiny for them to fit through. Now I can only find one of them. Not sure where the rest went. I have noted the dog hasn't eaten her food today and doesn't seem hungry. There are plenty of predators around here, including dogs, cats, coyotes and hawks. Maybe they'll show up later. If not, I'll get more chicks in a couple of weeks. In the meantime, not sure what to expect from a lonely chicken.

Wound up with over 140 tomato plants, which are now moved out under a tree last several days and doing well. Same with some strawberry sprouts I transplanted. The indoor seed starting area is now housing various warm weather seeds which take time to grow and/or will have multiple plantings. More green beans, pumpkins, melons, cucumbers.

The garden is looking better than a couple weeks ago, with all the cold weather and wind we had. Some wind tonight but not like it was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment