Saturday, May 15, 2010

Zoo day

My daughter and I went to the zoo this afternoon, spent a few hours there. Also went to see a duck pond near the ex's new place which daughter has been telling me about frequently. So, we had a good day. After dropping her off, ex said she was wiped out.

Been having problems getting flowers started in the garden. Not sure why. They're growing in one spot but not in others. So, seeded a bunch of them inside and they're starting well now, just beginning to sprout.

All the seeds I planted a few days ago are coming up now. Wide assortment of green beans (assorted), watermelon, pumpkin, cucumber and cantaloupe.

Transplanted the strawberry sprouts out to the raised bed a few days ago and they're still going, so guess I did something right. Harvested some more seeds last night and showed my daughter how it's done. They're still drying.

Not many of the seed potatoes took, only a few. Had some russets which were getting old and forming eyes, so I cut them into large pieces with at least two eyes each, let them form callouses and planted them, just to see how it goes. Worst that can happen is they don't grow, right?

On Thur to Fri, I had a really long day. Got to work at 5 AM Thur. What was supposed to be an 8 hour shift turned into an 11 hour shift. Got off work at about 4 PM. Came home, fed the animals. Had things to do, so ran some errands. Then went to work for a 12 hour shift in ICU for the agency. Got home Fri morning around 8 AM. Total of 23 hours clocked in between jobs in a 27 hour period. My original intent was to work 8 hours, run errands, come home, take a nap and then work the 12 hour shift.

This morning, had to work for 2 hours, so had to take my daughter with me. The list of safety precautions I took is really extensive, so no risk was involved. Couldn't tell that to my nerves, though. She behaved really well and made instant friends with every one of my coworkers she met, true to her form.

Now I'm going to get to bed so I can get a few decent hours of sleep before work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment