Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cold morning

Cold morning but warming up. Temp overnight in my immediate area was 1 degree. I'm waiting for the temperature to be above freezing before getting busy with stuff outside.

Checked the low solarium temperature for last night and it was 12 degrees, so it is keeping the temps higher than outside temp by about 10 degrees. It'll do better after I close up some loose flaps. Need to make a door on each end. As it is, I can start placing cooler weather crops out in the solarium once night temps stay above freezing. Don't think that should be long. For the rare night frost, I can place a blanket or tarp over the seeding racks.

Pepper seeds came today. Rather impressive, since they were sent from VA on Monday by first class mail. If it had been UPS or FedEx, it would have cost around $10 to arrive that quickly. As it is, this company offered free shipping on a $3 order! Nice! It was Hinterland Trading through Amazon.  

I'll get the seeds started tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment