Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Water testing

Had to go to Home Depot this morning for a couple of things. However, turns out I won't be able to use some of it for a while. Got some finishing stucco mix. However, temps are still below freezing, so can't stucco anything for now. 

Near the register, I noted a rack with a sign. "Free Water Testing". Had a bunch of mailing envelopes with small vials inside. I picked up two of them. One for the house and one for the well. I know it will result in advertising for a water purification system but that's okay. Could result in some valuable information. 

Finished collecting leaves from the dance studio parking lot the other day. Wound up being 400-500 lbs of leaves. Have them all piled up in the yard. Need to transfer them into the compost bin, add a little ammonia and some water. 

For multiple reasons, going to get started on one or two small sections of the solarium today. Since I lost my job, can't build out as I wanted to but I can build a couple of smaller sections which will provide some heat to the house part of the day and additional insulation at night. I'll just build these sections so they can be partially dismantled and moved elsewhere later, when I get more of the permanent structure built.

No comments:

Post a Comment