Saturday, June 23, 2012

Broken pump?

It's possible the impeller on the well pump is shot. Tried running it today as a test and it wouldn't build pressure. Have to give it another try tomorrow, do some troubleshooting. Problem may not be at the pump but somewhere else. Go through the troubleshooting steps before exchanging it. If I have to, at least it's still under basic warranty and it won't touch the extended warranty I purchased. 

Until I get it running again, I'm back to municipal water. Glad I have both. Also glad for timing. I'm at a point where I don't need to water quite as often as before. I have ground cover in most places and deeper roots formed for larger plants. 

For the moment, the ground still seems fairly well saturated from the rain on Thur night, so watering hasn't been required. Check it tomorrow and see how that's holding. 

Got the water timer exchanged today. Home Depot only had one in stock, out of the box and loose on the shelf. Happily, the woman at the desk let me trade them straight out. 

If I have to, I'll use municipal water through this week and exchange the pump on Fri for a 1 HP instead of the 3/4 HP I have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment