Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Short update

Just a quick update.

The fertilizer injector and solution I mixed up worked great! Much of the iron settled to the bottom of the bucket but that's okay. With repeated mixtures, I figure more of it will decay and will be applied gradually. 

It had quite a dramatic effect. Overnight, yellowed leaf edges greened up again. Tomato and corn plants grew several inches taller. The whole south side of the garden is covered with sprouts. Corn, pumpkin and more. Mature pumpkin plants are vining at a highly accelerated rate. Sunflowers in the front yard are looking much better. 

Tonight, I extended the 1/2" poly tubing to the southwest fence and the far west yard. Need to wait until I get paid, then get more mini sprinklers and I can then plant those areas after I flood them a couple of times to dissolve the sodium and help increase acidity. Going to try the inexpensive sprinklers first. Know they'll work in some areas but not sure overall. Only way to know is trial and error.

No comments:

Post a Comment