Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cucumbers!

Checked the garden this morning and found I have cucumbers! Lots of tiny cucumbers and three large enough to pick on the spot.

I was quite surprised when I spotted so many of them growing. Though there were flowers all over the place a few days ago, I did not expect to see actual cucumbers so soon. Most are small pickling cucumbers, though I planted a variety. 

For esthetics, I had been planning on using only wood 1x2's for tomatoes on one side of the garden and PVC on the other side. However, low on money and some of the vines currently on small bamboo stakes are getting too big for the bamboo. So, looks like I'll have to mix things up after all. 

Lots of tomatoes ripening now. Should have a large number to sell at the grower's market this weekend. The challenge will be getting daughter up early enough, since I'm picking her up on Fri this week. Next weekend I'll have to ask her mother to drop her off at the grower's market. Have to do one more harvest tomorrow evening and package some seeds. Need to look for a scale, also. Take the kitchen table and a couple of chairs. Probably pack an ice chest along. If nothing else, daughter and I may have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment