Friday, July 5, 2013

Rain

Got a little bit of rain. Not nearly enough but any amount is welcome. Still hoping for it to continue all evening and night. 

Went ahead and applied soluble fertilizer and acid. The acid actually helps dissolve the fertilizer. The mixture was something I was seriously cautious about the first time I used it. 

The spray I made yesterday seems to have helped a bit against squash bugs. Only found one adult, 3-4 nymphs and a fraction of the eggs I've been finding. I'll try adding tomato leaves and continue spraying. Vines are looking healthy. Ones that seemed to be suffering a bit perked up more. Too late for at least one pumpkin, which I had hoped would be quite large. Oh, well. Still plenty of time before the holidays. 

Tomato plants I had transplanted last week had a bit of transplant shock. They're recovering and looking better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment