Sunday, July 21, 2013

Preparing for market

So, it definitely looks like I will have things to sell at the grower's market next weekend. Daughter is asking if she can help me.

It's not a lot yet but enough to get going. More tomatoes ripening. Picked green beans today and lots more will be ready to pick before Saturday. Sunflower seeds. Couple of pumpkins. Various other seeds. 

Going to get things ready to sell this week. Started separating sunflower seeds from their bases tonight. Cut more flowers and do the same this week. Let them dry and filter them from waste. Do the same with some other flower seeds. Get some small bags for seeds. Probably give away some marigold seeds. 

If enough flowers are growing, I may make some flower arrangements to sell. 

Too bad watermelon and cantaloupe aren't ready yet. One of my first watermelons split open because of all the rain. Vines are maturing, though and should see more melons soon. 

Got more spinach seeds today. Plant those tomorrow. Also take some tomato cuttings and set them. Have daughter help me, so she can learn how to do it. I want her to learn more of these things. Even if she never needs it, they're good survival skills. If she doesn't need it, she may enjoy it and do her own gardening later in life. Or she may help me more here. Good sense of accomplishment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment