Monday, July 8, 2013

Weed control

After many, many hours on hands and knees plus tilling and acid treatments, the weeds are getting under control. At this point, pulling weeds for 30-60 minutes makes a really noticeable difference. Been times it seemed like I would never even get to this point. 

Right now, we're having the first real rain we have had in I honestly cannot remember how long! I have the doors open, letting the air flow through the house.

Humidity today has been around 40%, which is a healthy humidity. However, I know the locals have been dying from it. They start complaining about humidity if it goes over 10%. 

Any way, I trimmed the grape vines a bit. The red grape vine had yards of excess foliage. On the green vine, I cut a lot less but saved a couple of cuttings. Going to try propagating them. Though I would much rather have seedless grapes in numbers, haven't had the greatest luck with those. Maybe this would be good practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment