Friday, January 8, 2010

Being lazy

Being lazy so far this morning. 
Yesterday, raked more leaves into the large compost pit. Going to bag most of the rest today. All those leaves do make the compost lack Nitrogen, so I'll have to supplement until spring comes along and I can add grass clippings. Going to save the leaves not used now for summer use. As the pit stands now, I estimate it should produce at least 300-400 lbs per batch.

Raked in the compost and mulch mentioned before. Even after raking, the yard looks like a compost bomb went off! But doing this now allows time for it to work into the soil before spring. 
Got the Christmas decorations out to the shed. 
Had a job interview at 1 PM, which limited what I could accomplish. The interview went well and I'm hoping to get this job.
The previous residents of the house had painted 7 of the 8 window panels looking out the west side of the office. Another one of those things about this house I stopped wondering about long ago. I'll never figure some things out. Until recently, I'd been spending so much time outside it didn't bother me. Since cold weather has been here, it's been increasingly annoying. So, removed the paint from some of them yesterday with a drill and wire brush attachment. (I'll do the rest with a chemical stripper.) So, I have a much better view of the back yard now. It also allows afternoon sun in the window.
Finally, last night I built a seesaw for my daughter. (Pic below.) I had wondered where in the yard I would place it, then decided to put it on a movable base. It's all 2x4 and 2x8 construction, so I think it should be sturdy enough to last for some time. Had to fill one knothole with wood filler so nobody slides across and injures themselves on it. Get some paint for it later. Hope she likes it! Going to make a balance beam, also. Between those and the previously built swing and zip line, it's turning into a nice play space.
Okay, got to get up and get something useful done.

No comments:

Post a Comment