Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Chain saw

Finally got the chain saw I needed. Not some huge or obnoxiously loud gas machine, this one is electric. All chain saws are somewhat loud but this one is nowhere near as loud as a gas chain saw. Big enough for my needs, 14" with an automatic oiler and two year warranty. 

Came home and cut some long pieces of wood which I had been unable to cut with the maul. Maul is made for splitting, not cutting. Now I have a fire going in the fireplace. 

Now I can cut and move the wood pile, which is the last remaining unsightly pile which was here when I moved in. Not to mention that I can take down the cottonwood next to the house. Should do that first, so the green wood is on the bottom when I stack it up. 

Got the water heater lit for the moment. Still no avoiding replacing it soon but for now I have a fire in the fireplace and hot water for a bath. I can heat water on the stove but not quite feeling it right now. I'm happy and thankful for little things like heat and hot water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment