Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow

Got canceled from work last night. However, it started snowing here and one of the ER nurses called in because of the weather. She can't get there. Guess she lives in the mountains. 

In my area, we've had flurries this morning and it's kinda cold. Still, I got outside and took down the rest of the wooden fence. Except for the section behind the shed. That'll have to wait until the old shed comes down. 

Found I was doing things the hard way. I was using a large pry bar. Then, near the end I got irritated with a board which I couldn't fit the pry bar behind. Grabbed my 2 lb hammer and with one good knock, it popped completely off. I tried another board, same thing. Then another and another. Most of them came apart that way. Could have had this thing apart in one day of I had thought of that! Doh! Just not a "reach for the hammer first" kind of guy.

The wood is just laying there now. It started snowing more. I can work fine in the snow but I'd rather not today, since it's not mandatory.


So, I can start taking down the block wall and crawlspace soon.


Built a small trellis for the climbing plants last night. Just a wood frame and cotton twine with knots every couple of inches. It's about 2' tall, to fit on the shelf. I'll keep the plants trimmed until it's warm enough to transfer them outside, then extend the twine with a larger trellis.


Planted the cucumbers, corn, watermelon and snapdragons last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment