Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Temp solarium



 

So, it's nothing fancy but I got the temp solarium finished, aside from the door latch. Latch I had on hand was too big, have to get a smaller one. Just a hook and eyelet type. The black plastic is in the wrong place, needs to be on a side that gets sunlight. Duh!

Tried placing a fan in the solarium today, placed at the crawlspace opening. Worked for increasing heat entering the house and eliminated cold draft at the windows.

Expanded to old large compost pit today, now about 8 ft long x 3 ft deep x 3 ft wide. Should hole a respectable amount of compost. Started layering dry leaves with compost from the four smaller pits. Spread the dirt around an area that needed more leveling and a large amount of compost around the yard, especially in the sandiest places. Filled in two of the four smaller pits. Where the greenhouse stood, I had taken up some weed fabric, leaving a lot of shredded wood mulch. Spread that around, also. I'll rake it all in tomorrow.

I know I'm going to be really feeling all this digging tomorrow but glad I got some of it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment