Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Solarium drafts






















Okay, so Sketchup proved to be rather difficult to handle. I went back to my old reliable standby, Paint Shop Pro. Not 3D but it does what I want. Like of I try to move an object, it actually moves instead of warping.

The top left is the inside view, facing west. The beams attach directly into the wall of the shed and become integral with the roof of the shed. This allows me to install a floor on the shed roof, giving me direct access to vents and I can install solar panels up there and again have direct access. I've allowed for a 1 ft high turret for safety. Beams will likely be 4x4 wood, with cinder block columns, stuccoed and painted. The beams will be large enough to allow me to hang a swing right from the beam for my daughter. At that size, should be pretty solid and last well.

Top right is the rear outside view, facing east. I haven't decided yet on the north roof angle.

Bottom left is top outside view. The angular corner is optional and I haven't quite decided on it yet.

Bottom right is interior top view. Black is a fireplace, which I'll probably move somewhere else. Blue is a waterfall, stream and pond, recirculating, filled by a well and connects with irrigation. That will help maintain a healthy humidity level for plants in the greenhouse. Storage benches are something I haven't completely decided on. Shed structure will house workshop, storage and compost pile. Not shown is that there will have to be several rows of support columns.

In the end, the whole thing will be heated by solar, cooled by solar chimney in conjunction with a built-in evaporative ventilation system and powered by solar and perhaps wind generators.

No comments:

Post a Comment