Monday, November 29, 2010

The Crazy Neighbor

I have no doubt I have now (if not before) earned the label of "the crazy neighbor".

Right now I have clothes in the qash at the laundromat. But once I threw the clothes in the wash, I went back home and got out the rake. Notn raking the yard, exactly. I did rake the front yard. Plus the space in front of the next door neighbor's yard. Then raked the leaves into the walkway between my house and the block wall and closed the gate to keep the pile inside.

I also saw there was a tremendous pile of leaves gathered at the gate of the church parking lot behind my house. So I opened up the back gate and raked the entire pile into my yard.

It's not so crazy. The whole mass will be composted over the winter. But most of my neighbors know nothing of composting, so I just look crazy. Much like the piles of pallets in my yard make me appear. Each thing has a purpose but you have to know me to understand the purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment