Tuesday, November 23, 2010

More than planned

So, spent a bit more than I had planned on for TG. That's okay. Who doesn't? Besides, much of what I got will keep. Even the perishable stuff should keep with current weather, using the ice chest I have plus a cheap one bought today. I also got some dry ice to enhance that.

I got lots of dry goods, including corn husks and a different brand of corn masa mix. Several boxes of corn flakes. Dry milk. Lots of canned goods.

I also got a full size turkey. If it doesn't keep it seems like a waste but it was a choice between waste of food and waste of money. Chose to waste food. Too much risk of gluten in small processed turkey rolls. Besides, price difference was about $1 but 11-12 lbs of food. Long as it stays good, I get multiple meals from one $5 turkey. And I love TG leftovers!

Going to do TG tomorrow with my daughter. Tonight, going to do lots of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment