Friday, November 26, 2010

Tree is up

Got the toy my daughter wanted. Then came home and got a bit of sleep. Woke up this afternoon, worked in the yard for a while because it's a mess.

Took apart the sun shelters because I'm going to get more serious about the solarium. Even if I have to buy one bag of cement and one board at a time. If necessary, I'll reconstruct the sun shelters but with new designs. For now I just want the yard to look better.

Keeping the ice chests outside is still working well. Tonight, I set out several ziplock bags of water to form ice blocks for extra cooling.

Put the tree together tonight and put the LED lights on. Daughter and I will decorate this weekend. The LED's are really bright and very pretty. I do wish they had white cords, since the tree is white. Oh, well.

In the next week, going to dig the garden out, mound the soil and cover it. Bit of work but a good way to compost grass and weed seeds, cutting down on their growth come springtime.

Going to do away with the raised beds. Another "failed" experiment. Really, just leaned it's not necessary. Finding ways to retain moisture and humidity are more important. Working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment