Monday, November 22, 2010

Hidden gluten

The more I remove gluten from my diet, the more violently I react to even small amounts hidden where it's not expected.

A few days ago, I found out my seasoned salt had wheat flour in it. Gave it to the ex. This morning I bought chorizo for breakfast. This evening, I started having severe intestinal cramps. Pulled the package out of the trash. Soy flour, which causes cross sensitivity.

Only benefit is that such reactions speed up digestion, so it doesn't last long.

Tonight, got supplies to amke tamales for TG. Not only do I avoid risk of gluten but I get a better product for a lower price. I also enjoy making them. Not many white boys make tamales, so that's what I refer to them as- my "white boy tamales". They take a lot of time and work but for the price of buying about 2 dozen made tamales, I can make 10-12 dozen. Have two huge pork roasts on the stove right now.

Happily, got to work last night. If I got no work before Wed night this week, I would only have about $100 to make it to next Mon or later. While the phone would be shut off this weekend if I didn't pay $25. That's now paid. Plus I had not shopped for TG yet. Now I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment