Friday, November 26, 2010

Return to me

Since a couple of months ago and removing gluten from my diet entirely I have been on a slow return to myself.

It developed over time and I didn't understand it. I had lost much of my motivation, my humor and my optimism. Key parts of who I am. I'm not always cheerful but I typically have a positive outlook. I'm a fighter for good and have been my whole life. While that was still there, I wasn't quite feeling it.

Loss of energy and motivation took a toll. I had days when the house and yard were a mess, yet I sat without the energy to do any of it. When I did, there was little satisfaction and I got worn out easily. Looking at thinga which needed to be done did not get me excited but filled me with dread.

I haven't completely recovered but improving. Takes time for the body to regain balance. One difference was tonight. Looking out at the empty garden made me excited again. Months from spring yet the garden appears like a blank canvas to me, ready for the next work to be painted on it.

I have regained a sense of humor which was nearly gone. I've found myself laughing and smiling, which felt foreign for some time.

Gluten intolerance has been directly linked to a number of emotional and psychiatric disorders. If you suspect possible gluten intolerance in yourself, do not ignore it. It can steal your life and your health in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment