Monday, November 15, 2010

Long Time

Been quite a while since I last posted. That time has been quite eventful.

First off, I'm currently without main power in the house and have been for months. Service entry panel (meter box) burned out and the wiring had no ground at all. Electricity was turned off because it's a fire hazard. I replaced the panel, along with the breaker panel. But ordinances require an electrical contractor to inspect, which I haven't had money for. So, I've been using a small generator and power inverrter. Not much but it works. Working on ways to go solar and wind sooner than anticipated and just stay off the grid.

Knew the time would come. Had to go completely gluten free. As a result, lost 20 lbs in under a month. Some people think that's great but I didn't need to lose weight. Finding more foods I can eat now but most gluten free foods suck. Too many makers think gluten free means no fat. What damn part of "absorption disorder" do they not understand? As a result, all the products are dry and gritty. No focus on quality. Some better options are coming along, slowly. Some Walmarts now have entire gluten free sections with decent products at much better prices than the specialty markets. Does being gluten intolerant mean automatically rich? I Didn't receive my share of that bargain.

Writing on a new cell phone. Old one gave out. But gotta go finish laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment