Thursday, March 8, 2012

Bigger pump

Finally got around to working on the well a few days ago. Added pipe which brought it to 50 ft depth. Still not deep enough. Plus, at this depth, my current pump is almost completely powerless. (For the size, I am impressed it pumps at all.) 

So, it's on to a larger, convertible pump. I ordered a Wayne CWS 100 convertible well pump. It's supposed to arrive on Monday. Least it came with free shipping from Amazon. This pump is 1 HP and can be used as shallow or deep well. For deep well, have to add a pipe jet. I'm going to give it a go without the pipe jet first, see how it does and order the pipe jet if I need it. At that depth, it's supposed to deliver somewhere around 500+ gals/hr. (Note that rating is with the jet installed.) 

The down side to all this is that this becomes much more expensive. Aside from the pump and pipe jet, I have to buy new piping of larger size. Going to have to build some kind of support structure for the pump. May go with wood but install a rubber vibration damper to reduce noise. That's okay, be a good place to mount the timer for it. 

For now, I'm driving up the water bill by having to run the sprinklers quite a bit. Happily, haven't been hit by the water police. Not the season for them yet. 

Some of the bulbs I planted in fall are already flowering and really pretty! Don't ask me to identify them, though. Other flowers are coming up but not supposed to bloom until later. 

Daughter is off school for spring break. Going to go pick her up from the ex's in a short while. Keeping her with me keeps her from having to spend so much time in daycare with children much younger. While she enjoys teaching them and is very protective of them, it's not much fun for her. Very limiting. 

Need to get the dishes done before I pick her up. Quite a stack. Haven't felt like doing them between 13 hour shifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment