Monday, March 26, 2012

No luck

No luck on the well pump so far. Got the pipe jet. It wouldn't fit. Looks like the pipes are not aligned properly and it hits a ledge which it won't sink past. Going to try straight pipe and see how it goes. If that doesn't work, I'll have to hire a professional to get it going, if that's possible. 

Got the north garden plowed yesterday. Plowed it at right angles to the south garden, so this side is facing north/south instead of east/west. Planted some strawberries, corn and pumpkin seeds in a few rows but waiting for soil to settle before planting the rest. 

A few things seem to be sprouting now. Mostly onions and broccoli. The new grass is coming up! Tulips and daffodils are blooming a little. Think I should have a few tulips in full bloom by this weekend, when daughter is here. 

The mini greenhouses don't seem to be working out too well. Weather was too cold for a while, now gets too hot. This can happen in the same 24 hour period. Can remove the covers and just use them as seed starting shelves, I guess. Glad I got them on sale.

Not a lot of time to work on things around here this week, again. My own fault. I had four days scheduled off and signed on to work two of them. That's two 60 hour weeks in a row. The money will be nice but I'm starting to feel it, especially with allergies kicking in. Not going to complain about it, just get it all done when I can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment