Friday, March 30, 2012

A day off

I have the day off and actually got some sleep last night! I was scheduled to work but then they called and canceled me. So, I had some rum&cola, watched CSI online and went back to bed before MN. 

Going to get out shortly and give the well pump another try. Dropped the single pipe earlier in the week, have the well seal in place and all that. Just need to make some adjustments so the pump is sitting at the right height. Then I can give it a go. Wish me luck!

Planted some corn one morning after work. Four types, to see how each one does. Also planted some watermelon, two types but going to add a third once I dig through the seeds. Planted some giant pumpkin, hoping for a real giant this year. 

Lots of things to do today and tomorrow morning. Mostly house cleaning but also need to get out and break down more of those trees in the back. 

The new grass is coming up nicely. More and more each day. Though right now, it still looks patchy. 

Tulips are starting to bloom and several should be fully open by the time daughter gets here tomorrow afternoon. Daffodils had started off strongly, then we had frost one night and flowers were destroyed. I dead-headed them but I don't know if that works for them. I'll look it up and see.

Get moving here in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment