Monday, May 6, 2013

Dead seedlings

Well, for once I used poison for flying insects in the house, around the tomato and pepper seedlings. Next thing I knew, nearly all of them were dead. So, back to square one on the backups. Get some more seeds started this week. 

Happily, I am seeing more tomato plants recovering and a few are bushing out. Seeing more and more flowers growing. Not blooming yet but growing. 

Something I've forgotten to do last few weeks is an occasional flooding. At this point it doesn't take much. The soil is saturated. Just need to run an extra cycle on the sprinklers will do it and help leach the salt downward. Water but not enough and salt floats upward in the soil. Water enough and it leaches downward. 

I still need to buy more acid but just the water should be helping increase acidity. Even the very worst areas are showing signs of life now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment