Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Not much change

Not a lot of change in the garden this week. 

What tomato plants there are are doing well. Think we should have some tomatoes in a few more weeks. 

I'm seriously doubting I'll achieve 200 tomato plants in the garden this year. May eventually reach 100. That'll have to do, I guess.

More corn coming up and looking quite good. More watermelon vines sprouting. 

Still not seeing cucumbers. Surprisingly, most of the onions aren't looking very strong. Maybe I'm keeping the soil too damp for them.

Lots more flowers coming up than any previous year. 

Another surprise. I have not yet harvested all the lettuce. Relatively little has bolted yet and the ones that have are the smallest plants. 

Looks like we should have a decent carrot crop. Not as good as I had hoped for but good. I'll plant another carrot crop in late summer. 

Got out and pulled lots and lots of weeds today. Only a fraction of the weeds present. My best bet is to keep pulling weeds at least 30 minutes a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment