Thursday, May 15, 2014

Less lazy

Weather is fairly decent today. Talked myself into getting out and getting a few things done. Pulled weeds. The war of the bindweed continues but so far I seem to be winning this year. So far..

Removed the old swamp cooler motor after confirming that was the problem. Yep. Have to get a new one this weekend. Had hopes when it ran for a minute but then it threw the breaker. Oh, well. At least I can afford a new motor and, even if not, have the window units. 

Trimmed the grape vines. Not a small job. Trimmed enough off to form a whole other vine! Mostly trimmed back to where the grapes are forming but still had to cut off some small grape bunches which were forming. Just too many of them! That's a huge change from when I moved in here. When I moved in, neither of these vines were producing grapes at all. I actually did not know they were grape vines for the first year or two. The one on the north I did not know until two years ago. Each year since I've learned this, they have done a little better. Obviously, when I moved in, they had been seriously neglected for years, even decades. Still kind of pisses me off that the neighbors cut one whole vine down. Noted it was more on their property but what the hell? I had started taking care of it and it had started producing grapes with huge numbers on their side of the fence. I'm not sure if that was just territorial or what but giving up free grapes just to be petty is really sad. Not like I asked them for anything because I never have. Nothing. Ever. Fucking pathetic. But that's the "culture" (sic) here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment