Thursday, May 1, 2014

Cool spell

I am winding up not too upset about the cool weather we've been having. It has slowed down the growth of some things. However, it has allowed more lettuce and spinach to germinate, so I'm seeing a lot more coming up now. 

On the down side, seeing a lot more grass and weeds coming up. Going to be no small battle this summer, even with other steps taken.

Got the last bag of black mulch for the one trench which needed that. So, all the walkway trenches are mulched. I probably will lay down fabric and mulch for the edge trenches. Once I get this done, it should be good for at least two years with only a little extra mulch added next year. May last longer. 

The pumpkin plants I transplanted out all died. So I planted some more seeds for giants this evening. Picked some of the dampest soil for the spots, where they tend to do best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment