Friday, June 27, 2014

What the hell?!

It's official. Every single one of my tomato plants are now dead! What the hell?! This makes no sense at all! I had wondered if the pray I made was contaminated with grass killer. However, the stray grass in the same area is just fine and would have been exposed. It's the same formula I used in previous years, so that's not the problem. I've also sprayed other plants with the same spray which are doing fine. 

The only other thing I can think of is that the mulch contains back walnut or something else which is toxic specifically to tomatoes. 

Can't be the soil or immediate area, because  this is the same area where tomatoes thrived last year. 

So, my only options now are to start new seeds, buy a few plants already started and grow in containers this year. Have to clear the mulch out. That's a bummer. 

A couple of pumpkin plants bit the dust from squash bugs. Not a lot of them but they hit the main stem on those plants. Planted some new seeds. I did use some insecticide around the base of the main stems of remaining plants. Keep controlling them manually on the outer stems and leaves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment