Tuesday, November 24, 2009

No such luck

Tried to get the top on the greenhouse yesterday. No luck. With my daughter and the dog vying for attention, just couldn't manage it. No way I'll be able to get the top up unless the dog is locked in the house, any way. 

It was so windy yesterday that I had to reinforce one side of the greenhouse, to keep the PVC from snapping like twigs. I tied some ropes around the top sections and pounded some stakes in the ground with one nail near the top of each. Tied the other ends of the ropes to those. That did the trick. Can dispose of that when I get the top up.

Then I forgot to put the blankets over the cold row covers when I went to work. This on the coldest night we've had so far this season. Luckily, the covers did their job and no extensive damage was noted. 

One thing I did manage to get done was finally putting the shed in proper order. Much easier to get motivated with the new window in place. Hard to organize a place when you can't even see well inside. This will make it much easier to get the rest of the house in order at long last. 

Took out the Halloween decorations and brought in the Christmas decorations. They're still boxed up but my daughter and I will put them up this weekend, after Thanksgiving is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment