Thursday, November 26, 2009

The top is up!

Got the top up on the greenhouse this afternoon. Still needs a bit of work where the plastic sheets overlap but seems solid, otherwise. Went out after dark and the temp had dropped and even with some work needed, it's noticeably warmer inside than out.


Granted, this is not a very fancy greenhouse but for 20 ft x 25 ft, under $200, built by one person who has not formal training in engineering, construction or gardening, I'd say it's not bad.

I will probably add some additional supports in the future, though more for aesthetics than anything else.

I can already tell that at least two of the compost pits are producing some level of heat. Not much but I'll work on that.

Still using the cold row covers for the moment, until I get the remainder of things firmed up. Temps are below freezing most of the next week, so guess I got this done with good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment