Tuesday, November 17, 2009

On call again

Got the greenhouse more secured today, so the plastic isn't falling down or blowing around. Though I am considering surrounding the whole structure with punji stakes to keep the dog at a distance. He's run into the sides of the greenhouse so hard that he has broken some of the clamps.


It was cold outside this morning, so I waited until it warmed up a bit to get out there and get things done. I do find a difference between motivation and masochism. I'm all for the former. I'm single and gave up on dating over a year ago, proof that I'm not into the latter. 

Had intended to install that window on the shed but it got late. Took a nap, since I was scheduled to work tonight. Then got called. No work. I'm on call. So, I got up and went out to install the window. Got the basics of it done just as it got too dark to see. Power tools and darkness. Not a good combination. It's nothing fancy and I still need to put a frame around it, so it doesn't look too tacky. I did put sealant around it and bolt it down well. Least I have enough light to see in there now, long as there's any light outside. Future plans are to get more lucite for one more window and a light with a separate solar panel. No power going out there as of now, so if I go out to the shed at night, I pack a flashlight. 

The compost experiment goes on. After adding compost to the mush last night, no heat produced, which should have at least started by this morning. Think it was too wet. Added more dry compost today, so I'll see what happens now. Worst comes to worst, I can toss the mush into the regular compost pit and let it continue in normal fashion. 


Guess I'll go watch TV and cut the rest of that PVC.  Ran out of weatherstripping but cutting is the most time consuming part of making the clamps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment