Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Yet more mulch

Have all the trenches mulched now and some of the mounds. Still a bit more to do with the mounds but it's looking pretty decent. 

Lettuce is slowly coming up. Tomato plants are struggling because the temperature is swinging wildly. I may start a few more tomato seeds just in case. They would be late to mature but they would produce this season. 

Unexpectedly, potatoes are looking pretty good so far. 

Gave another shot at using acid to kill off the Chinese elm trees tonight. Mixed acid, ammonia nod water. Used at least 2 1/2 gals of acid. Poured the mixture in the soil, let it sink in and kept spraying more water until the ground was saturated, which should let it get down to root level. I'll keep repeating that process until I see some results. It's still the least toxic approach I can think of. 

All of the trees I've planted are now doing really well. So are the rose bushes.

So it looks like I'm actually learning something and the work I've done is producing some results! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment