Saturday, March 13, 2010

Daughter doing better

Ex dropped daughter off after doctor's appointment. She's doing much better. They started her on asthma preventive medications earlier this week, with an inhaler and nebulizer for acute problems. As of this time, no breathing problems, aside from some sinus allergies. They put her on preventive medication for that, too. 

Think I mentioned I'm planning on building a doghouse. Wasn't able to get it done this week but washed the dog and make sure daughter washes her hands and face frequently, especially after contact with the dog. 

Aside from that, signed up for allergen alerts and keeping notes on possible triggers. If it's seasonal allergens, I've narrowed it down to coyote brush, juniper, elm and ragweed.

Didn't get to sleep early last night as planned. Just couldn't go to sleep and didn't want to drug myself there, so I was still awake at 2 AM or later. Still woke up with enough time to clean house well before she came over this afternoon. Shampooed her carpet and the one in the office, the only carpets in the house. Cleaned out the fireplace. Though I haven't built a fire there in weeks and the flue was closed, there were still ashes in the grate. No longer.

If it turns out that dogs really are the biggest problem (which I suspect), it makes a decision for us all. She loves animals dearly and always has. Likes animals more than people. We've pictured her growing up to be a veterinarian and a very good one. However, if she's so allergic to dogs that too much exposure sends her into asthma attacks, it seems unlikely she will be able to go that direction unless she outgrows the allergy. That isn't yet determined, though.

We went and saw the bunnies today. Didn't get one yet because she kept changing her mind as to which one she wanted until they all got spooked from too much interaction and started hiding out where they couldn't be reached. The owner is going to catch the chosen one in the morning and bring it over tomorrow. He did give me a few boxes of bunny compost. Quite a bit of it. So, yes. He gave me sh*t and I asked for it! Daughter laughed at me piling boxes of rabbit poop in the van. She has a good sense of humor and even laughed at the odor, noting that the van smelled bad all the way home.

I decided to get the chicks next weekend instead of this one. Better to find out if she has any reaction to one animal before introducing another. Besides, I still need to build a coop.

No comments:

Post a Comment