Monday, March 1, 2010

Apple seeds!

I had been meaning to get around to planting the seeds which I've had wintering in the fridge. Since my back still hurts too much to do anything too strenuous, decided that was a good thing to do today.

Grabbed the bags from the fridge, didn't look at them. Got other supplies together. First I planted the Globe grape seeds. Then I picked up one of the bags of apple seeds and got a shock. They were germinating while they had been in the fridge! Each sprout is about 1/2" long and look healthy. Planted all of them in small styrofoam cups. So, I have several dozen tiny apple tree sprouts growing!

Looks like the whole tree idea may work out, after all! For now, it's a small start, about 2-3 dozen (didn't count) sprouts but it can definitely grow from there. 

Now, if I could just find some oranges with seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment