Thursday, March 4, 2010

South done

Yesterday, shoulder felt better when I got out of bed (the second time). Hurt more sitting still, so gave a shot at getting some things done. Moved the old water heater from the back yard to the front for garbage pickup sometime. It's a big water heater, 70 gal capacity. Shoulder held up okay.

So, tried digging another row. Had to take it kind of slow but got it done, so that was row #4. I was scheduled to work last night but got canceled at 4:30, so I dug the last two rows on the southern side of the garden. Last row dug is slightly smaller than the rest and I didn't section it off like the others. Figure it can make a good weed and water barrier. May only plant flowers there. But that completes the formation of the southern side of the garden. It's not all planted yet but I did plant sugar peas, onions and garlic yesterday. 

Stripped the rest of the paint from the windows in the office. Still need to take some steel wool or scrubber pads to them and clean them really well.

Got the rest of the leaves off the roof. Bagged and set aside.

So, over the next few weeks I need to work on the northern side of the garden. The soil is a little hard but workable, so a manual cultivator will do the job. Current compost will probably be usable in 3-4 weeks, so I'll just work that in and dig rows at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment