Thursday, March 11, 2010

Survival

Got to work last night, after all. First placed on call, then called in. Tonight, got canceled. Few minutes later, was asked to work ER instead of ICU, 7P-7A. Few minutes after that, was asked to work ER 11P-7A. Sure. 

Have an appointment for an interview at a methadone clinic in the morning. Go see how it pays and if it would be something I'd be interested in. Not far off from the house. May work out. Be more stable than what I'm doing now.

Snowed fairly heavily last night and this morning but was melted off before noon. I was a bit worried about the raised bed with the spinach, garlic and lettuce. I had left the cover off to let the plants get more sun. Just checked them and they're doing fine. 

Got a slight surprise when I looked at the apple plantings. I've been leaving them outside. Checked a little while ago and found that 3-4 are now sprouting through the soil. I'm excited! 

By the way, my daughter's pecan tree is now about 8" tall and looking very healthy. Been hardening it off with other plants. Going to baby this one. Let it get fairly large before planting it in the soil and just transfer to increasingly larger pots until then. Have to pick a good special spot for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment