Sunday, October 11, 2009

A really affordable greenhouse!

Went to go buy the PVC for the row covers this morning. However, I was foolish enough to not check how flexible the thin pipes were until I got home. Not flexible enough to build individual row covers.

However, I quickly figured out that I could build covers which fit over multiple rows at once! Then, I started thinking. I have enough materials to build a fairly decent sized greenhouse! At least 15 ft x 20 ft, possibly larger. I may have to buy one or two more rolls of plastic. The down side is that I will have to use duct tape to hold the plastic sheeting in place, as I could not find anyplace local to buy clips. Maybe I'll figure something else out that looks better. 

In any case, with the supplies I've bought so far, I can build an entire greenhouse for under $60. The price will go up if I double the walls for winter, but only by about $25 more. 

I worked last night and scheduled for tonight, so not going to get this done today. Besides, I have to work out the design first. I can build the whole thing in one day by myself. I'll post pictures when it's done. Right now it's time for some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment