Monday, October 26, 2009

Staples and clamps

Since I needed to secure the sides of the greenhouse covering, I recalled I had a box of landscape staples. So, I stapled the bottom all the way around today. May get another box and place one staple about every 6". One good thing about them is they're cheap. I got a box of 50 for something like $3 at Harbor Freight Tools. They're just under 5" long. I love Harbor Freight!

Since I don't want to spend that much money and snap clamps aren't available locally, I decided to make my own. Got a 10' length of 1 1/4" thin walled PVC today, cut it in 6" sections. Then cut a small section lengthwise from each piece. Lot of work but that way I get twenty 6" pieces for about $3. So far, I've only cut 8 pieces, two for each corner. If necessary, I can fix them in place with self-tapping screws and/or apply pieces of weatherstripping to the inner side.

I still need to get the top up by Wed night, as first frost is forecast that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment