Wednesday, February 24, 2010

All fired up

Worked for a couple of nights. Got the beginnings of a sinus infection but seems like it's going away. Took tonight off to give myself the chance to fight it off. (Something I was really bad about not doing when I was younger.) Had a bulge on a tire and had to go get two new front tires Monday morning. I was happy the tire held together to work and back with no blowout on the highway. Many thanks to the powers protecting me!

Got the propane torch today for the weeds. Haven't used it yet but the yard already looks a lot less green than a few weeks ago. Means the weed killer is working on the clover. At least most of it. Some is still looking too healthy. This torch should do the job, as it will reach temps up to 3000 degrees F! 

Measured out the garden yesterday. Current usable space is 30'x40'. Not bad for a start but I will be expanding it a little before warmer weather arrives. 

If the weather is warm enough, I should have time enough to complete one more batch of compost before planting warm weather crops outside. Mostly for organic material in this case. I already have the leaves loaded into the compost pit. So, I've already added Nitrogen, Magnesium Phosphate and Calcium to the soil. Got some more Mag Phos today. There's enough Potassium present, so no amendment needed. 

Giving up on most of the warm weather crops I started inside. I'll restart again in a few weeks. Most aren't looking too good inside but they take up too much space if they keep growing and it's too cold to transplant out for quite some time. At least this time I'm confident that they will start growing inside, unlike last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment