Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Work, tootache

Got some work Sun and Mon nights. Was offered tonight but had to turn it down because I suffered with a toothache all last night. Ran out of Naprosyn early. I had been running a fever on Sat night but no other symptoms. Seems I had an abscess above my left wisdom tooth which inflamed at least one branch of the trigeminal nerve, so it caused a lot a of pain. 

Didn't have the money to go to the dentist and this wouldn't wait until I picked up my check this afternoon. So, this morning I picked up some Naprosyn and more mouthwash on the way home. Then proceeded to pull my own wisdom tooth. Took some time and hurt like hell but I've felt better since. Not something I advise people in general to do.

I did get my check this afternoon. Not having to pay a dentist, I went on a short shopping spree. Got more CFC bulbs, some different flourescents for the kitchen, lamp for the bedroom and another clip-on reflector lamp for the plants. So, aside from the plant bulbs, I have all low wattage bulbs throughout the house now. 

Transplanted the tomatoes into slightly larger containers tonight. They were too shallow and growing larger, so they would start flopping over soon if I didn't move them. Planted them up to the leaves to encourage more root growth. 

I am scheduled to work tomorrow night but have to get the new raised bed completed tomorrow, so I can transplant out the tallest plants. Especially the ones that need a trellis. Some of them are getting quite large. The peas, green beans and cucumbers need more room. Next, I'm going to have to figure out what to do with the crawling vines because they're crawling all over! Guess those are okay as long as they don't strangle each other and I'm careful while untangling when I plant them out.

Going to see if I can rent a tiller from an individual. Called around to see how much it would cost to rent from different rental places and they want an average of $60 a day! I'm pretty sure someone would rent me one for a day for $30, since it's not something you use all the time. I want to till out more of the yard to expand and resite the garden a bit.

Rather than spreading any more chemicals, decided I'll control most of the weeds by burning this year. Going to get a propane torch, the kind used for melting ice or laying parking lot markers. That should do the job for large patches. Just have to have the hose handy. I'll just stick with using the weed puller for individual weeds. Better option than spreading too many chemicals around this close to the water table.

No comments:

Post a Comment